Are you fed up of your galaxy watch 4 because of its slow performance and wondering how to reset galaxy watch 4 then just take a break. This guide will take you through your solution.
Most people don’t think about backing up their Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 until it’s too late. Whether you’re resetting your watch to sell it or you just want to start fresh, it’s important to know how to back up and restore your data first.
Luckily, there are a few different ways to back up your Galaxy Watch 4. You can use Samsung’s own SmartSwitch app, which is available for both PC and Mac. Or, you can use the built-in backup feature in the Galaxy Wearable app.
If you’re resetting your watch because it’s acting up, you’ll want to do a factory reset. This will erase all of your data and settings, so be sure to back up everything first.
How to Reset Galaxy Watch 4 in 2022
If you just want to start fresh, you can do a partial reset which will only erase your watch’s settings, not your data. This will help you to give a fresh feel while using your smartwatch.
There are two ways to reset your Galaxy Watch: A soft reset and a hard reset. A soft reset simply turns the watch off and on again, while a hard reset will delete all data stored on the device.
If you’re having trouble with your watch, a soft reset may be all you need to fix the issue. However, if you’re selling or giving away your watch, you’ll want to perform a hard reset to remove all personal data from the device. Here’s how to do both:
How to soft reset galaxy watch 4
If you want to soft reset your galaxy watch make sure you follow the following steps:
1. To begin, press and hold the Power button for about three seconds.
2. Next, tap “Restart.”
3. Finally, confirm that you want to restart the watch by tapping “Restart” again.
Your watch will now restart and should be working properly again. If you’re still having issues, you can try a hard reset.
How to hard reset galaxy watch 4
Hard reset will erase all your data from the galaxy watch 4. To hard reset your smartwatch follow the mentioned steps carefully:
1. Start by pressing and holding the Power button for about three seconds.
2. Next, tap “Wipe data/factory reset.”
3. You’ll be prompted to confirm that you want to delete all data from the watch. Tap “Factory data reset” to continue.
4. Finally, enter ‘Reboot the system now’ to complete the reset. Once the process is complete, all data stored on your watch will be erased.
How to backup Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
There are two ways to backup your Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 data: with the SmartSwitch app or with the Galaxy Wearable app. SmartSwitch is available for both PC and Mac, while the Galaxy Wearable app is only available for Android. If you have an iPhone, you’ll need to use SmartSwitch.
To backup galaxy watch 4 with SmartSwitch
1. Connect your Galaxy Watch 4 to your computer with a USB cable
2. Open SmartSwitch on your computer (you can download it from Samsung’s website if you don’t already have it)
3. Click the ‘Device data tab’ and then click ‘Backup’
How to Backup Galaxy Watch 4 with Galaxy Wearable app
1. Open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone and select the ‘Backup and Restore‘ option.
2. Select ‘Create Backup‘.
3. Enter a name for your backup and select ‘OK‘.
4. Your backup will now be created and saved in the app.
Important Guide: How to get notifications on smartwatch
How to restore Galaxy Watch 4
If you are trying to restore your samsung galaxy watch 4 and fed up of trying different methods of restoring your galaxy watch then this guide is for you. To restore your samsung galaxy watch 4 you just have to follow the following process:
1. On your watch, open the Samsung Gear app.
2. Tap ‘Settings’.
3. Tap ‘Backup and restore’.
4. Tap ‘Restore data’.
5. Select the data you want to restore, then tap ‘Restore’.
6. If prompted, enter your PIN or password.
7. Tap ‘OK’ to confirm.
8. Wait for the restoration process to finish, then tap ‘Done’.
What do I need to do a restore my watch?
You’ll need to have a backup of your data and your watch will need to be connected to your computer via the USB cable that came with it. Once it’s connected, open the Galaxy Watch 4 Restore tool and follow the instructions on the screen.
Do I need to charge my watch before resetting?
Yes, You need to charge your galaxy watch before starting the resetting process so that you will not face any issue during the process of reset.
Do I need to back up my data before restoring my Galaxy Watch 4?
Yes, it is always a good idea to backup your data before performing any sort of reset or restoration. That way, you can be sure that all of your important data will be preserved.
Can I reset Galaxy Watch 4 without a smartphone?
Yes, You can reset your galaxy smartwatch even without a smartphone. The process is very simple just follow the resetting steps and you will be able to reset your galaxy watch 4.
How long does it take to reset a galaxy watch?
Resetting a galaxy watch does not require a lot of time. It will only take a few minutes to do complete the full process of resetting your smartwatch.
Before starting the process of resetting your smartwatch just make sure that your galaxy watch is fully charged so that you will not face any problem in the entire process.
We have covered all the steps of how to reset, backup and restore your galaxy watch. Follow the steps mentioned above carefully to avoid any mistakes in the process of resetting your galaxy watch 4.
If you have any queries related to how to reset galaxy watch 4 just let us know by commenting in the comment section.